Adobe After Effects CC 2015 is available as part of Adobe Creative Cloud for as little as $19.99/month (or $9.99/month if you're a previous After Effects customer). Adobe After Effects CS6 is still available for purchase (without a monthly plan) if you prefer.
The new, more connected Adobe After Effects CC 2015 can make the impossible possible. Get powerful new features like a Live 3D Pipeline that brings CINEMA 4D scenes in as layers - without intermediate rendering. Share work directly from within the application and get access to new features the moment they're released. Your entire creative world, together in one place.
Adobe After Effects CC is part of Adobe Creative Cloud. That means you have access to all the latest updates and future releases the moment they're available. Sharpen your skills and master new tools with a rich library of training videos. And Adobe Creative Cloud is integrated with Behance, so you can share your projects and get immediate feedback from creatives around the world.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.9 or later.
- Fixed a problem that caused After Effects to not respond to commands to stop previews or to respond slowly when changing layer parameters, including entering text in a text layer. When the Warp Stabilizer VFX and 3D Camera Tracker effects were present anywhere in the project, they caused After Effects to become unresponsive to keyboard and mouse input during frame renders.
- Several audio-related fixes:
- Audio now starts immediately during previews.
- Stopping an audio preview returns the current-time indicator (CTI) to the previous position, as it did in previous versions of After Effects.
- Adding audio markers during a preview (by pressing * on the numeric keypad) no longer causes the preview frame rate to slow down, which then caused audio to drop or stutter.
- Scrubbing audio slowly now has a delay before beginning a loop around the CTI.
- The CTI and preview-time indicator (PTI) no longer disappear after scrubbing audio.
- Auto-trace has been rewritten to address problems with the new threading architecture.
- The z-axis handle on 3D layers works as expected.
- Changes to Camera Raw settings apply to the footage as expected and without causing Photoshop File Format errors.
- MXF files from Sony cameras again import as expected.
- Audio plug-ins like Trapcode Sound Keys and BorisFX Beat Reactor now function correctly.
- Multiple copies of certain effects, like those from RE:Vision Effects, no longer produce errors about I_MIX_GUID_DEPENDENCIES.
- Copying a Layer Control expression control effect from one layer to another no longer causes After Effects to crash.
- Effects with a layer parameter referring to the effect’s host layer now work as expected when that layer is copied and pasted.
- Clone Stamp strokes no longer fail to render if the source layer is of different dimensions than the target layer.
- Rendering to an image sequence no longer fails if the destination folder contains an image sequence that is in use by the project.
- Animation presets that contain only an expression no longer cause an error message or in some cases create erroneous keyframes.
- Stopping the render queue with a render item that was previously in WILL_CONTINUE status no longer causes that item to change to an incorrect status.
- Preview frame rate no longer slows down when you move the pointer over a previewing Composition, Layer, or Footage panel.
- The Radio Waves effect should no longer produce an uninitialized memory read error.
- After Effects no longer crashes when a layer’s scale is set to 0% at the same time an effect on that layer with custom UI is visible.
- After Effects no longer crashes in certain cases during processing of expression errors.
- After Effects no longer crashes or produces memory errors in certain cases using both expressions and time remapping.
- Audio preview now works in all non-English languages.
- After Effects compositions with the Warp Stablizer VFX or 3D Camera Tracker effects that are used in Premiere Pro via Dynamic Link no longer cause the error message: FLT_GeneralEffectCallPlus can not be called reentrantly. ( 25 :: 222 )